Our website may contain links to and from the website of any third party. We are not responsible for such third party’s conducts or policies. We encourage you to take care in case you leave this website.
- “personal data” means any information as to an natural person (“data subject”).
- “affiliates” include our affiliated legal professional or other specialists inside or outside Japan.
- “processing” means any operation(s) as to personal data.
2.Purposes of Use of Personal Information
We will always process your personal data based on one of the legal basis provided for in the GDPR. Furthermore, we will always process your sensitive personal data, subjected to the special rules provided for in the GDPR.
According to Article 6 1 (f) of GDPR, we may collect and process your personal data so that we can provide adequate service as law firm and we can pursue our or our clients’ justifiable interests.
We will keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations, ensure the provision of appropriate services and maintain our business activities.
3.Items of Personal Data to be Acquired/ Used
We may collect the following categories of personal data:
- Name, Surname
- Company Name/Title/Office Address
- Post Code/Home Address
- Location data
- E-mail address (personal / professional）
- Telephone number (personal / professional）
- Online identifiers (IP address / cookie identifiers）
- Recorded phone calls
- Gender and Date of Birth
- Bank account information, electronic money, cash on delivery, cash on delivery and other payment and method information
- Information regarding inquiries and communications between you and us
- identity verification documents (driver’s license, health insurance card, copy of resident’s card, et.) and information contained in the documents
4.Personal Data of Child
5.Personal Information Sharing
We may share your personal data with third parties in accordance with the GDPR. If we share your personal data with a data processor, we properly transfer and process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR. In addition, if we share your personal data with organizations outside the EEA (European Economic Area), we will comply with the GDPR and, if necessary, we will transfer and processing with reference to the Standard Contract Clauses between controllers (2004/9 15/EC) and the Standard Contract Clauses between controllers and processors (2010/87/EU).
In the event that we undergo a reorganization or are sold to a third party, any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that reorganized entity or third party in compliance with applicable law.
Internet Service Providers
We may share your personal data with companies which provide services for us, such as hosting, maintenance, support services, email services, marketing, auditing, fulfilling your orders, processing payments, data analytics, providing customer service, and conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys.
Subject to your prior agreement, your personal data may be transferred to, stored, and further processed by business partners that work with us to provide our products and services or help us market to customers. Our sharing your personal data with the partners will be limited to provide or improve our products, services and advertising.
Data disclosure based on laws and regulations
We may disclose your personal data if we legally have the right or are required to do so (e.g., if required by law or a court order).
In addition, we may also disclose your personal data in the following cases.
- -Protection of our rights
- -Request for remedies
- -Enforcement of our Terms of Service
- -Fraud investigation
- -When we judge that disclosure of information is reasonably necessary to protect our business or you
Such the above disclosures may involve transferring your personal data out of the European Union to the other countries including Japan. These countries may change due to changes in the business environment
Such transfer may take place for the purpose of contacting with business partners. For each of the transfer, we make sure that we provide an adequate level of protection to the data transferred.
We will take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and prevent unauthorized use, loss or alteration of your personal data.
However, you should be kept in mind that provision of information through the internet is not entirely secure at all. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our websites whilst it is in transit through the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
You have some or all of the following rights to the personal data we collect and process by us.
- -You have the right to obtain from us the necessary information regarding our data processing activities that concern you.
- -You have the right to confirm with us as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, and obtain from us the copy of your personal data or access to the personal data and certain related information.
- -You have the right to obtain from us the correction of inaccurate personal data concerning you without delay, and to complete any incomplete personal data. You may also have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without delay, in the event that it meets the GDPR requirement.
- -You may have the right to obtain from us the limiting to processing of personal data, in the event that it meets the GDPR requirement.
- -You may have the right to put up opposition, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you, in the event that it meets the GDPR requirement. At any time object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, that your personal data shall be subject to a processing. In this case, please provide us with information about your particular situation. After the assessment of the facts presented by you , we will either stop processing your personal data or present you our compelling justifiable grounds for an ongoing processing; and/or take legal actions in relation to any potential breach of your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, as well as to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulators.
- -You may have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without our hindrance, in the event that it meets the GDPR requirement.
- -You may have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making based on the processing of your personal data, including profiling that has a legal or equivalent effect on you or has significant impact, in the event that it meets the GDPR requirement.
If you intend to exercise such rights, please refer to the contact section.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have proceeded with any request, or if you have any complaint regarding the way in which we process your personal data, you may lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
Irisho-Yagi Bldg. 2nd Fl., 2-3-9 Kitahama, Chuo-Ku, Osaka-Shi, Osaka 541-0041
Last Update: February 8th, 2021